Thursday, June 3, 2021

Crazy in Love

That's either a song title or a movie, isn't it? It's also how I feel about Teddy. Some days he drives me crazy, and other moments I'm crazy in love with him. Just tonight, he was riding with Dave to mow the lawn, and I was push mowing at the same time. He looked at me and grinned with his mega-watt smile, and I couldn't help but smile and appreciate the moment.

Now, I realize he was grinning at the lawn mower, not me. He loves lawn mowers. But I still got to see that gigantic smile and appreciate his joy for life. That boy lives life to the fullest and lives in the moment. The good things are oh so good and rewarded with giggles, laughter and smiles that make you smile. Someone recently commented that his dimples are so big that they're visible even when he's not smiling. If he makes it to old age, he will have the best smile lines because he does that so often.

Of course, when he's upset, you know it. He feels everything in the moment and lives in that moment. There's no reasoning about the fact that supper is almost ready if he's melted onto the floor miserable because he wants to eat now. In that circumstance, the best thing to do is lay right next to him on the floor and snuggle into him. When you make that effort to connect with him, he usually can peel himself off the floor and out of that moment. 

We've often said how much we wish we could know what goes on in his mind at any given moment. Teddy's great at communicating what he wants, but his actual thought processes are entirely a mystery. Just yesterday, I watched him place his notebook and pen high on a shelf that he normally doesn't set stuff on and then run into the other room. I have no idea what prompted those actions and often wonder about the little things like that.

No wondering here. He is mesmerized by the tractor.

This has been quite the rambling post, but it's been a long day and a long week (mostly at work, not so much at home). I'm grateful for the times Teddy takes away the stress of other things by helping me live in the moment. It's only fair that he does that since he so often is the source of stress for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment