Monday, August 22, 2022

Teddy's Favorite Bedtime Buddy

Teddy has a penchant for driving his parents crazy. (Don't all children, though?) Behind that silly smile and goofy antics is a little boy who tests every possible limit, doesn't listen and wears on our patience at some point in every day. It's just life with Teddy where you love him dearly but still ...

But at bedtime, he becomes this sweet snuggler. Dave has often said it's his favorite time to spend with Teddy because he's so snuggly and sweet and not trying to dictate your every move. (I prefer early mornings when he's full of giggles, smiles and ready to rock the day.) At home, we try to have him fall asleep on his own after stories and snuggles, but at the land one of us needs to stay by him as the bunkroom isn't Teddy proofed. Evenings are the best time for fishing, so I will attempt to put Teddy to bed. However, it's very clear who he'd prefer to snuggle with to sleep. 

The other month, I tried to get Teddy to sleep, but he was absolutely hysterical. Although that's his norm for hotel rooms and new places, he generally settles down pretty easily at the land. When I finally got him to stop screaming long enough for him to actually hear me, I asked if he wanted Papa to sleep with him. He immediately signed yes. So I told him we needed to go get on the Ranger to get Papa from fishing, and he giggled and followed the directions perfectly.

All smiles because he has Papa for bedtime.

So tonight I asked if he wanted to sleep with me, and he smiled and signed yes. When I asked if he really wanted to sleep with Papa, he got very excited and signed yes even more. It's funny to watch him when we get Dave back from fishing because he immediately climbs into bed and points to where Dave should lay next to him. If I try to lay by him, he pushes me away and requests Dave to lay by him. Apparently I'm good enough to push him on walks, pull him on bike rides and do everything else, but Dave is clearly the favorite bedtime buddy.



No comments:

Post a Comment