Monday, January 31, 2022

Fine Motor Finess

 Ya'll, I had no idea my child could do this.


I came upstairs to grab my lunch as Teddy was getting ready for therapy. I watched in amazement as Teddy put on his first brace. Then I pulled out my phone and videoed him putting on his second brace. If you've never put on SMOs before, they're a bit tricky for someone with typical fine motor skills. 

And I didn't capture it on video, but then he did put on his one shoe my himself. He has Billy shoes now, so he can actually zip them up entirely by himself with just a little bit of assistance if he gets stuck. He made me put on his first shoe for him because apparently I'm his servant. That's what he's led me to believe that he couldn't put on his braces and shoes, yet he very clearly can do it on his own with some verbal prompts and minor assistance.

I wonder what other secrets he's keeping from me ...

No comments:

Post a Comment