Friday, July 30, 2021

The Return of Training Runs

Well, that caption is a bit misleading. MyTEAM Triumph (MTT) has been doing training runs for quite some time, with only a relatively short hiatus due to COVID. However, we only ventured out this summer for training runs while keeping our distance still. That means rather than sharing pushing duties with other angels, I'm responsible for pushing my lunk of a captain. (OK, he's the lightest captain at the training runs, but still ...)

Although I'm still responsible for pushing Teddy, we both get some socialization. We get to see our MTT friends. Teddy gets to venture into his beloved trailer. Seriously, the first training run we returned to he used a bungee cord to attach himself to the trailer. It's good for both of us. It's also a nice break for AJ and Dave to have some non-Teddy time.

The heat doesn't faze Teddy. It fazes me.

But I swear every Monday is the hottest day of the week. If you look closely, you can see Teddy's holding a squirt gun. We took along two squirt guns for Teddy. He spent much of his time squirting himself and drinking the squirt gun water. He did have fun squirting a few of the other angels and captains. He even managed to squirt me a few times, which was seriously needed. 

I doubt we'll make it back to events yet in 2021, but I'm crossing my fingers that next year we'll be back at events and at training runs every week. Until then, we'll enjoy the camaraderie from a bit of a distance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment