Friday, January 8, 2021

Facts About Teddy, According to AJ

Each year since kindergarten, AJ and I have presented to his class on CDG-PIGN. The first year, it was mostly my presentation, but each year the presentation has become more and more AJ with me on the periphery. He has been asking his teacher if he could share about Teddy's diagnosis for months, and he was so excited to present to his class today.

He tweaked his Google slides from last year, sharing a bit about Teddy, his diagnosis and his adapted equipment. Of course, there's also a slide about AJ because it's important to know about your presenter (ironically he changed that his favorite food is now tacos but didn't remove the photo of the ham that was his favorite food last year). He did a great job of walking through the slides and then answering questions from his teacher and classmates.

I was able to sit in his room (while Teddy was safely in his room reading books ... and yelling at me that I left him alone) to observe the presentation. I only chimed in at the end to answer a few questions, but AJ is so knowledgeable about Teddy's diagnosis and life with Teddy that he needs very little assistance.

As a mom, my favorite part of the presentation were AJ's facts about Teddy and his concluding thoughts:

  • Teddy is the best brother in the world.
  • I love my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment