Friday, January 15, 2021

Counting Capabilities

The other night Teddy was impatiently waiting for supper (aka lying on the floor crying because he wanted to eat right that minute). We checked the pizza and set a timer for 4 more minutes. I asked Teddy if he could count to 4 and held up four fingers. He seemed interested, so I started counting. As I said 1, he touched my first finger. As I said 2, he moved to touch my second finger. He moved to the next finger for the number 3, and he finished by touching my last finger when I said 4. 

I was amazed that Teddy actually counted along. I know I didn't imagine it because our sitter witnessed it as well. He's demonstrated some interest when I've asked if he could count when we set timers, but this is the first time I've actually seen him count. I know that he can identify numbers 1 through 10, and this takes it a step further. 

These are the little things that might not even register for others, but it's a huge accomplishment for Teddy. That boy knows so much more than we give him credit for because we need to catch the moments he's actually willing to follow directions to show off his skills. Now, we'll have to see if we can repeat this as well as see how high he can count. 

No comments:

Post a Comment