Sunday, December 13, 2020

Teddy's Gift

 It might sound weird, but during these pandemic times I make a point to deliver goodies to others with Teddy in tow. These visits are brief, distanced or through glass doors and masked as best as Teddy masks. Sometimes, though, it's worth the glass barrier or greater distance because then they can see the gigantic smile on Teddy's face.

I know that for many who we visit the greatest gift isn't the little treats. It's that classic Teddy smile. It's him showing off a few new dance moves (or his boots during today's visit by shoving his foot out the window). It's the giggles that he gets when he's being silly, like dropping a ball for me to catch through the car window. 

These are ordinary moments in our lives, things we get to see daily. Yet I appreciate how much joy they bring to others who know and love Teddy. That's why he accompanies me on the visits or comes to the glass door to high five through the glass when people stop by our house. 

I may bake the cookies or bread, but I know those brief interactions with Teddy are the true gift that makes people's days brighter. 


No comments:

Post a Comment