Wednesday, January 30, 2019

A Stack of Cans Brings A Smile

I never would have thought that watching Teddy pull canned goods out of the cupboard would bring me so much happiness. Yet I stand in awe to watch him pull out the cans one by one and stack them. He's done this now a few times on the floor, but recently he moved them all to our island to create his stacking masterpiece. He does it with such concentration and focus, and it seems so effortless when we've spent hours of OT sessions unsuccessfully attempting to stack objects.

Check out that masterpiece!
I know the heavier cans, particularly with the rimmed lids that nestle into each other, make stacking much easier. But it's still so cool to see. It continues to make me smile every time because it's progress. It's all that hard work Teddy's put in for years coming to fruition.

Check out that form!

And then I shake my head and put him in time out when he pushes all the cans onto the floor at once because, well, he's Teddy.

See the concentration? And the exhaustion from the flu?

No comments:

Post a Comment