Tuesday, November 27, 2018

To Mom ...

Sheesh, it's been a busy month. It seems like November is a whirlwind every year. We go from Halloween to deer hunting to Thanksgiving to Christmas everywhere. I've been busy with other projects around the house, prepping for the holidays, which is why I've been absent nearly two weeks on this blog despite my efforts to post at least once a week.

The other week, though, I shared this picture on my Facebook page:


Someone posted it in our CDG Facebook group, and I asked permission to share it because it resonates completely with me. The only thing is that I don't think of Teddy as a superhero ... he's just Teddy. He's damn persistent and resilient, both of which are excellent qualities when everything in life is harder for you and takes you much more effort than most people. (His teacher might disagree when the focus of his persistence is the ladder that was brought into his classroom yesterday ... Dave and I both started laughing as soon as she said "ladder" because we could guess Teddy's reaction.)

This captures life, though. Immense pride and incredible sorrow. Tremendous gratitude for blessings and chills that run through my body when I think of last December's seizures. Wishes for normalcy and acceptance of what is reality ... although that one is always still the hardest for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment