Friday, June 9, 2023

Fourth Grade Finished!

Teddy's officially a fifth grader. I can't believe next year will be his last year at Franklin Elementary School. I won't lie. I was devastated when he went to Franklin because I had envisioned both my boys at the same school. I desperately wanted AJ to be there to advocate for Teddy, to share about the snippets of his days and just to be a familiar face.

Fast forward to now, and I know I'll be devastated when Teddy leaves Franklin. He has so many who advocate for him at his school, so many who include him and welcome him with open arms (until perhaps he starts rolling up in their blanket fort and chewing on their blankets, which is understandable), so many friends who say hi to him randomly in the community and invite him to fun parties and so many who share snippets of his days. I swear just about everyone at Franklin, kid or staff, knows Teddy. 

This 5th grader is ready for a summer of baseball fun!


At the end of the school year, we asked his team to sign a book for him. I think he came home with 6 or 7 new notes. The most common theme was Teddy's smile, how much joy it brings and how he makes others smile. The second most common phrase was "keep me on my toes." Both are so true of Teddy.

We're so grateful for an incredible team that includes so many people:
  • His teacher
  • His 4th grade teacher
  • His OT and her assistant
  • His PT
  • His speech therapist
  • His nurse
  • His nurse assistant, who administered his meds daily
  • The incredible group of paraprofessionals
  • The student teacher (Teddy taught her well I imagine)
  • The tech person who supports his device
  • And all the others who keep him safe and include him
It's been a good year, and now we're ready for summer! But where's my team to keep him safe for summer?!?!? (More on that to come in a future post - it's been an adventurous first week of summer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment