Saturday, April 29, 2023

Bike Rides and Bonus Bike Rides

The other week we had gorgeous unseasonably warm weather, so we went for as many bike rides as possible. In fact, AJ, Teddy and I went for a bike ride the night before my team's 55-mile running relay race. AJ was up for the longer route, so we ended up doing 8 miles instead of 5 miles. 

As we finished up our ride, I turned around and noticed Teddy was missing not one, but both, of his brand new shoes. This was the first time I think he wore the shoes, as I had bought them the previous night. When I asked him where his shoes were, he just giggled.

So, despite the fact that I was done and daylight was fast disappearing, Teddy and I headed back out to double back at least a bit to see if we could find his shoes. I found the first one about 1/4 of a mile back, and he laughed like a giggle monster when I picked up that shoe and muttered choice words under my breath. 

I had planned to go 1-1.5 miles back at the most, as AJ was waiting at the vehicle, and it was late. Fortunately at 1.03 miles I found the second shoe. Apparently Teddy decided we needed some extra time to enjoy the beautiful evening. And I decided he no longer can wear slip-on shoes on bike rides. 

This is how the bike ride ended, thankfully.


No comments:

Post a Comment