Monday, December 12, 2022

Well, that was a Fluke ...

Nope, it was just the flu. And by just, I mean, influenza A kicked Teddy's butt. And then Dave's butt. And then AJ's butt. 

Gosh, this feels a lot like my post about COVID last month where I said that I was hoping I wouldn't catch it but felt the impending doom.

It's always tough to know what's wrong with Teddy, whether he's hungry, crabby or not feeling well. I got home late from work last week Wednesday, and he switched from happy to mopey instantly. Neither Bri or I could figure out what was up, and he even went upstairs to his bedroom alone while we ate a treat, which is unheard of. When I went upstairs to give him a bath and actually put him to bed, he snuggled into me and then promptly covered me in vomit. *Ugh*

The poor kid vomited a total of 4 times before morning, developed a fever and started coughing overnight. My gut told me it was the flu (since he just had COVID), and my gut was right. 

He requested a bath this weekend and made all the bubbles!

Given that Dave spent the night with him (and every night since then), it's not surprising that he went down over the weekend. And AJ and Teddy have no personal space boundaries, so both Dave and AJ tested positive Sunday morning. 

Thankfully Teddy was well enough to return to school today, and he was very excited for that! I'm also very grateful that Sigrid was willing to mask up and watch the boys a few hours Saturday afternoon while Dave and I took in Aladdin in masks since we had tickets (and I'm so glad we made it because it was a fabulous show!). 

One would think that between COVID last month and the flu this month, one would think we might get to stay healthy through the holidays. But I won't curse us, and I'll just keep washing my hands and waiting until well past everyone is contagious in my house before I come within 6 feet of them without a mask. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment