Saturday, November 2, 2019

Fun Winter Run

Teddy and I joined in a fun run this morning. It was a 3-mile run at his school designed to be a fundraiser for new playground equipment. That's certainly a cause Teddy would be willing to support since he loves recess and climbing everything. We hadn't planned to attend, though, until his teacher reached out and asked if we would be running. He shared that he was leading the race on his bike, so agreed to participate.

Just about as soon as I committed, I regretted it because our plans for garage building at the land were greatly delayed. That meant I left Viroqua at 5:05 this morning to drive in the dark, snow and slush back to Oshkosh to run the 9 a.m. race with Teddy. That's right. 5:05 in the morning. Snow and slush on November 2. This was also the third time it's snowed this week. That's way too much snow way too early in the year, even for Wisconsin standards.

Anyways, I picked up Teddy from my awesome mom who's been helping a lot with the boys while we've trekked to build the garage. I also loaded a race chair that we borrowed from myTEAM Triumph into my vehicle. Teddy was super excited to see a race chair in our own vehicle.

Teddy and his teacher were both excited to see each other. I think the weather scared off quite a few o the runners and walkers, but Teddy enjoyed himself all the same. And so did I. It was beautiful weather for running, and it was fun to get out with Teddy outside of the usual MTT training runs. It'll be so nice to have a chair of his own that we can use whenever we want.

Teddy and his fearless teacher. Fearless Teddy and his teacher. One of the two.
It's one of those little things, that offer to join from his teacher, that prompted us to join the fun. It was a great way to show others different ways Teddy can be included and participate in activities. Running is also one of the few times Teddy is content to sit still, so I'll take that even if it requires me to be in constant motion instead of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment