Friday, June 7, 2019

Kindergarten Graduation

Today's the big day. Teddy celebrates his last day of kindergarten with his peers. Next year, he'll be in the same classroom with a new teacher as well as brand new first grade teacher and mix of first grade peers with whom he'll integrate and spend portions of his day.

This year Teddy has grown so much, both physically and developmentally. He's been welcomed into his school with open arms, and it's his version of Cheers. (Remember, the old TV sitcom?) Everyone knows his name.

He's had so much fun on his bus rides this year, with his beloved Ms. Lori taking him safely to school and bringing him home. She makes his bus rides so much fun that he usually pushes me away each morning, so he can get to the fun part instead of mom talking. She gave us a family fun pack for summer memories with spray chalk and squirt guns, along with the sweetest note. I think we might have to work out a park or ice cream date with her this summer because both boys adore her, and quite frankly, so do I.

I think I'll cry when Ms. Lori is no longer our bus driver for Teddy.

Teddy had a graduation ceremony this afternoon with all the rest of his kindergarten friends. I think my heart was so full it eeked tears out my eyes. It's been an absolutely amazing school year, and I'll leave you with these photos. The best is the video, though, showing off his skills, moves, his amazing para and the moment when he found me in the audience.

Teddy's teacher could barely manage a picture through her tears ... not of joy!

Teddy rocked his graduation with his kindergarten teacher!
All smiles for graduation! So much pride in those three smiles. 


No comments:

Post a Comment