Thursday, February 21, 2019

Architecture and Parks

Oshkosh is rebuilding a park and has asked for public feedback, specifically asking school children to submit their ideas. AJ immediately embraced this, going so far as to reason that most kids probably won't submit anything, so his design will probably get picked.

The city is planning a park that all children can enjoy, and I love the inclusive nature of more parks nowadays. AJ and I talked about some of the things that would help families like ours, and ones with other challenges, enjoy the park.

I have no idea what kind of stairway that second item is ...
His suggestion of vending machines comes from his logic that it's a lot of work to get a child who cannot dress independently ready. By the time you get everything and everyone ready, you might forget to pack snacks. So he wanted food options available. (I swear my children have never been starved.)

I love how this kid thinks. When you combine his engineer brain with his considerate heart, it's quite the combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment