Tuesday, September 25, 2018

All My Titles for This Post are Inappropriate

In other words, today was one of those days with Teddy. He woke up in a good mood, which converted into his mischievousness, destructive mode as soon as AJ left for school. I only had Teddy home from 7:15 (when he normally gets on the bus) until I took him for his 8:45 a.m. annual checkup. I tell you, that 1.25 hours (because we left the house by 8:30) felt like forever.

In that time, he ripped down 3 of our 4 shelves of movies, rolled around in them laughing hysterically and managed to rip open a few cases to schmutz the discs. Most people would find this at least mildly annoying, but since I'm extremely weird and need our movies in alphabetical order ... well, let's just say it's hard to alphabetize anything while Teddy is still a whirling, twirling machine of destruction.

This kid. It's not like he'll even watch 5 minutes of TV, much less a movie.
Sometimes Teddy gets into moods where he is just bound and determined to destroy things, whether it's pull things apart, knock things over or whatever else he can do to create chaos. And he does this all while laughing. It's not that he is upset or mad and throwing a fit. He's extremely pleased with himself to render things a complete mess. I'm not sure if it's the reactions that he's going for or if he just thinks it's funny to be a dink.

I would have been relieved to drop him off at school, aside from the fact that he was limping from his flu shot. He literally was staggering and needed a hand for assistance while walking. I'm not sure why that was the case from a flu shot, but he seemed better when he returned home from school. Granted, I spent most of the time he was at school wondering how he was doing ... something as simple as a flu vaccine causes paranoia for Dave and I given Teddy's propensity for seizures.

And when I say he was better when he came home from school, I mean his limp was gone. His mischievousness remained, so I was quite glad when it was finally late enough that I could pick up AJ for his CCD class. That at least meant Teddy contained in a carseat where he could inflict relatively minimal damage. Teddy ended up riding on my back for the last 30 minutes or so before dinner, so that I could get food ready without it all being stolen or thrown or dishes dragged everywhere in the kitchen.

At least when I picked AJ up from his after-school program, the staff made a point to tell me how well AJ reads and that AJ reads much better than many of his peers. And when I asked AJ how his homework was, his reply was, "Way too easy!"

Now, to figure out if Teddy will be the Tasmanian Devil or a bull in a china shop for Halloween. I'm leaning towards the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment