Friday, January 5, 2018

Teddy is ...

"Teddy's really excited today!"

"Teddy's really silly today!"

"Teddy's a good boy."

These are all things I hear when I help Teddy off the bus each afternoon from his friend Max, who sits by Teddy. I wrote about their friendship when they started sitting together and having so much on their bus ride home.

The week before Christmas, I wrapped a book for Max and wrote a Christmas card thanking him for being Teddy's friend and telling Max how much fun Teddy has with him. I also included a note to his parents to let them know how incredible their friendship is, despite Teddy being non-verbal, since they don't get to witness their interactions. I feel blessed to see the two of them together and wanted Max's parents to know how happy these two are together.

This week Max gave Teddy a present and a card. Teddy was excited to get a book with two Little Critter Stories: When I Grow Up and When I Get Bigger. (Max and Teddy often read together on the bus.) The card had the sweetest notes, one from Max thanking Teddy for being his friend and for the book. The other, from his mom, makes me smile every time I read it:

I am so happy that Max has made a friend! He talks about him every day. I love that those two just understand each other. They just get each other. I can't wait to see how their friendship blossoms.
 
This makes me smile. Every time.

I don't know Max's story. I don't know what school looks like for him. I do know that he and Teddy are the best of friends on their 40-minute bus ride together. They make each other happy and have fun together. I'm pretty sure they entertain the bus driver and aide. And they melt my heart every day.  

2 comments:

  1. This post about Teddy and his friend Max made me think of a quote I once saw - "There are some people who could hear you speak a thousand words and still not understand you. And there are others who will understand without you even speaking a word." ~Love you "T" Grandma & Grandpa

    ReplyDelete