Tuesday, January 31, 2017

The Day Teddy Asked to Play Outside

When it snowed yesterday, AJ begged to play outside. I let him get bundled up to play on the deck while I retrieved Teddy from not napping (story of my life). At first when Teddy came downstairs, he was content playing with AJ through the glass door, each of them licking the glass on their respective sides. While they were occupied, I took some garbage to the garage.

Teddy immediately came to me as soon as I got back in the house. He grabbed my hand and led me to the glass door. Then he put my hand on the door handle and looked up at me.

Teddy asked me, clear as day, to go play outside with AJ. He did this without saying a word. He did this without crying to get what he wanted.

How could I not comply with his request? I bundled him up and sent him out to the deck, where he dragged around a snow shovel, licked somewhat clean snow, was dragged around on a snow shovel and licked the outside of the glass door.

Look at that nice squat!

Me, I stayed inside, smiling as my boys had fun playing outside together. But I have to wonder, how many other times has Teddy asked me something or told me something that I've completely missed?

No comments:

Post a Comment