Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Happy for a Handprint

One of the things I was most excited about with school for the boys was the special art projects they would make. Teddy did one within his first week of school, and his teacher told us he really enjoyed having his hand painted. She said he did a great job holding out his hand, and his smile lit up his face as it was painted.

This is the poem Teddy brought home last week Tuesday:

I'm off to school to learn a lot
Each day is fun and new

I think about you all day long
And I hope you think of me too

But for these few short hours 
While we are apart

Here is my little hand to hold
Because I love you with all my heart!

I may or may not have gotten choked up reading it ... but only because Teddy was pathetically miserable after having screamed the entire bus ride home. This poem made my day!

Teddy's first art project!

No comments:

Post a Comment