Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Hinge Pin Doorstop

Yesterday when I walked into Teddy's room, the bottom hinge pin of his door was removed and in his hands. I had no idea how he managed that, but I didn't put much thought into it because I was exhausted after a poor night's sleep and in a rush to get things ready for the sitter who arrived in 15 minutes.

When I walked into his room last night to get things ready for bedtime, I stepped on a small piece of rubber. It looked like it came off a doorstop, which is a really fun toy in Teddy's mind. Then it dawned on me. Teddy managed to pull out the hinge pin of the door by pulling up and leveraging the doorstop.

Sure enough, a search of his room yielded this:

I just shook my head and laughed. A 2-year-old with poor fine motor skills and the attention span of a gnat (known as "lack of attention" or "inability to focus" in more clinical terms) managed to pull out the hinge pin of a door using a doorstop as leverage. Most of the time when I try to remove hinge pins, it takes a screwdriver and quite a bit of muttering under my breath because they're usually stuck or at least pretty tight. Considering the odds against him, I'm amazed he accomplished this.

I know who's in charge of removing all future hinge pins and inserting any new doorstops.

1 comment:

  1. Another engineer in the making! You go Teddy!

    ReplyDelete