Thursday, July 19, 2018

Our Kids Really Miss Us While We're Working

I've talked before about childcare and how blessed we've been to have fantastic providers for the boys the past three years. We've had three providers during that time (not counting the one who only lasted for two weeks). Two have graduated into full-time nursing positions (one in pediatrics and the other in neurology, oddly enough). Our current has graduated but is staying on through the summer before moving into the human services field on a full-time basis. 

The past few weeks Brianna has taken the boys to her family's lake house. First, I'm grateful that her family is willing to let my boys enjoy their lake house and open their arms to my kiddos. We met Brianna's family at her graduation celebration dinner, and they were all very welcoming and understanding of Teddy. Second, I appreciate the initiative to pack the boys up for an hour drive to the lake (and all the supplies and effort that entails).

Judging from the pictures and the stories, the kids could not have more fun there. It's just not possible. They've been for pontoon rides, played on the pontoon boat while it's docked, played with kayaks and other small boats, went swimming, played with slides that go into the water and smooshed their faces into plenty of windows. (OK, I think that was just Teddy.)

Can't you tell how much they miss us? 

I love his smoosh faces!

No idea why he's wearing underwear. Weirdo.

Captain Teddy in his happy place, "driving" a vehicle.
Toothless AJ.

One of my favorites. Bri always has a nice smile. AJ, not so much.

I love this picture. Such happiness.
This sums up my kids pretty darn well.


No comments:

Post a Comment