Wednesday, March 28, 2018

AJ's Plans

We spent most of today visiting my aunt in Milwaukee, enjoying the nice weather by playing in a few parks, picnicking, checking out the LEGO store (AJ's favorite) and riding escalators (Teddy's newest fascination). My aunt drove AJ to a few of the stops and learned about AJ's plans for when he turns 16.

He is saving his lemonade stand money to buy a vehicle when he turns 16. He is considering a Subaru Outback, which my aunt has with a push button to start it. He is also considering an Equinox, which is our latest vehicle. His last consideration is a minivan because he thinks they are really cool.

Then he will drive everywhere and take Teddy along on most of his trips, aside from a few vacations. 

"Mom, if you need milk, I'll go to the store. I'll say, 'Load up, Teddy.' Then we'll go get your milk. And maybe stop for a treat."

These plans were news to me. I'm sure they will change as he gets closer to 16 because I'm not so sure it's cool to drive a minivan ... or take your disabled brother with you everywhere. But right now I'm loving how much he loves his brother and plans to help in the future.

In fact, just yesterday when we were living it up at a swimming pool for spring break (after an hour of non-stop screaming to get there courtesy of an overtired Teddy), AJ said that he'll help Teddy in the swimming pool when he gets bigger. He will do that so that I can spend more time in the hot tub, of course. 

And when he wants to be, AJ is already a tremendous help. He got coats for both boys, along with drinks, and loaded the car today with those supplies and Teddy's blanket. Then he buckled Teddy into Teddy's carseat and suggested that Teddy might want a chewy tube for the ride. Seriously-all that from a 6-year-old.

AJ is absolutely the sweetest, best big brother ... when he's not head banging Teddy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment