Sunday, October 15, 2017

There's a Storm A'Brewing (aka Halloween Preparations)

I've been planning Teddy's Halloween costume for more than a year. Last year, we used his Kimba Kruze chair to get him around the neighborhood for trick-or-treating since walking required so much effort for him. He was cool enough as a hot air balloon, but I said that I wanted to make him into a tornado when he could walk.

He's such a destructive force of nature that it's only fitting. (My other idea I got this year was a pinball in a pinball machine after watching him bounce off the walls, doors and people at AJ's school's pumpkin walk last night.) Since it's so fitting, I remembered my idea this year and put together his costume in less than an hour.


The irony of the fact that he'll likely destroy this costume the first time he wears it is not lost on me ... despite the oodles of hot glue holding it together and cars strategically placed where he wouldn't notice them immediately.

He's a force of nature to be reckoned with ... that's for sure. I'm just hoping this costume holds up through the afternoon at school that he can wear it again trick-or-treating in the evening without needing to do too much repair.

Now, the question is whether I am ambitious enough to go as Dorothy.

No comments:

Post a Comment