Friday, September 22, 2017

We Have The Best Sitters

We've had our share of really bad experiences with daycare, but we've also found some of the most amazing people to spend time with our children. Yesterday, I was reminded of that because of texts from 4 different sitters for our boys. (Hey, it takes a village to raise a child like Teddy!)

The first was in response to me sending a thank you text to our newest sitter. On her third day with us, she searched under our cabinets to find our cleaning supplies and scrubbed our kitchen sink. Without being asked. When I thanked her, her reply text was, "Of course! If there's anything you want me to clean just let me know! Or write a list because I'm more than willing to. :-)"

She's pure gold. She's not allowed to graduate next May.

The next series came from the sitter who was watching Teddy at the moment. He had woken up at 4:45 a.m. and was pretty tired, so she tried twice to put him down for a nap. She said it was mostly quiet, so she thought he was at least resting. I checked the camera in his room and discovered him playing with a frog in his closet and sent her the picture. She said she counted that as a win for the morning (I would, too!) and followed it up with this:

I think play time with Mr. Frog made everything better.

This is someone who graduated and works full time as a nurse, yet still watches the boys on some of her days off. I'm so glad she's willing and able to continue that relationship with the boys and will take it as long as we can.

The third text came from Teddy's first (and AJ's second sitter) in Green Bay. We had mailed her pictures of the boys, and she thanked me for the pictures and said how much she misses them. This is the sitter who we'd still be using if we hadn't moved to Oshkosh, but she's helped us out many times and will text me to see when she can watch the boys.

The last texts came from the other student who had the nerve to graduate and move to a different town to work as a nurse after being with us for 2 years. She's going to be back in town this weekend and wanted to know if we'd be around to visit with the boys. Once again, I'm grateful she wants to continue to be a part of their lives.

We kissed our share of toads, but we found 4 princes. Wait, that makes no sense ...

No comments:

Post a Comment