Tuesday, August 29, 2017

He Has The Best Smile

Our boys start school next Tuesday. Yesterday, we finally got the postcards in the mail with the information from the bus company stating what time the bus will arrive in the morning. We even got 3 postcards ... per child ... with the same information just to make sure we knew when the bus was coming apparently.

Unfortunately, I was on the  phone with the bus company this morning explaining that neither child is attending the school where the bus planned to transport them. I confirmed that AJ was going to kindergarten at the school closest to our house and that Teddy was going to afternoon 4k (so a 7 a.m. pickup time would be an awfully long ride) across town. The lady said, "Well, he went to Traeger last year, didn't he?" I responded that he did. She then said she rode the bus home with him one afternoon and remembered him. She said, "He has the best smile!"

Even sideways, it's a pretty recognizable smile. :-)

That made me smile, despite the fact that I still have no idea when the buses will arrive to pick up or deliver my children. It's a good thing that Teddy's smile carries so much meaning that people remember it months later from a single encounter.

I kindly reminded her that Teddy requires a 5-point harness, unless the bus driver would like Teddy to assist with driving the bus. Then I asked if I could expect a return call to know pickup and return times for the updated bus routes. She said that yes, they'd try to get that to me by the end of the week.

Great. School starts Tuesday. Monday is a holiday. I'm good at being patient.

I guess I'll call again Thursday and see if the next person knows that Teddy has the best smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment